Another Toyota Supra Informational video from the vaults, a Toyota Sales US video back in the launch year of 1993. Still to this day the Supra does not age, for those that watch the video please take note that the supra was probably closer to 4.9 seconds from 0-60mph for the US version. Thanks to Youtube user roliks.
If you know of any Toyota OEM or museum videos for the 2JZ either on Youtube or elsewhere 2JZGarage would love to see them, comment below or contact us directly.
Here is a list of all the clutch replacement parts for the Toyota Supra Getrag 6 speed V160/V161 which can be useful for maintenance or conversions.
- If you currently have a 6 speed you won’t need all the parts, only the parts you broke or are replacing
- If you are upgrading your clutch to aftermarket it’s good to change the parts with an astrix * next to them
- If you are doing a conversion from auto to manual you will need them all depending on what came with the gearbox (IE: The release fork may have came with the transmission)
Toyota Supra Getrag 6 speed (V160, V161) Clutch parts;
Continue reading Toyota Supra Getrag 6 speed – Full clutch replacement part numbers
After reponding to a question on here I figured it made sense to host a link of this IS300 2JZGTE VVTi swap manual. Although I didn’t do the swap personally or own an IS300 I think it’s a great swap write up that applies to most late model 2JZGTE VVTi swaps and engine swaps in general.
The document also contains information I have provided over the years on supraforums and has pictures I have provided.
IS300 2JZGTE VVTi Swap Manual Download – IS300 2jz-gte Swap Manual
A big thanks to Indirocz28 from http://my.is/forums/.
As a side note please don’t reference the pinouts in the manual, if the author ever updates the word document with my new pinouts I will re-upload.
***UPDATE – IS300 ECU pinouts can be found here – http://www.2jzgarage.com/2013/04/lexus-is300-ecu-pinouts/ and IS300 Wiring Diagrams can be found here – http://www.2jzgarage.com/2013/04/is300-wiring-diagrams/
You can also still use the ones I have posted here for the 2jzgte vvti.
So been a bit of progress complete on the car over the last month or so;
Installed the following;
- Okada Plasma booster (Same as HKS DLI)
- Carbonetic triple plate clutch and flywheel assembly
- TRD transmission mounts
- AP Shifter bushings
- New OEM components – 6 speed shifter and speed sensor seals, pilot bearing and rear main seal
- Fixed up some wiring and ran some new hose ready for BOV install
- Cleaned all the transmission, parts that came off and also the transmission tunnel
- Replaced diff fluid while I had car jacked up
Have new Tial Q bov and AEM air filter coming in next few weeks, so will be then installed and off with fresh plugs with no gap for a new tune and more boost! Hoping to crack at least 430rwkw on pump
Had to adjust the clutch a bit on the pedal free play rod but seems to hold the power well and the shifts are now very firm and precise.
Gearbox removed and noticed it had bit of an oil leak from shifter bushing so got around to replacing seals (Pics with brake/clutch fluid )
Continue reading 2JZGTE VVTi T51R Project Update
The last video I’m uploading tonight – the video that started it all for me to get into this supra media coverage/publishing. Now over 120,000+ views on youtube I’m pretty stoked and overwhelmed by the reponse. Although a simple video diary of pictures and seems to hit the spot with viewers. At the time I had no idea about cars or supras but managed to do the conversion successfully with the help of guys from supraforums and friends/family.
My Toyota Supra SZR to RZ conversion. Changing the 2jzge to a vvti 2jzgte.