This calculator shows the effect of fitting various sized diff and gearboxes to the MKIV supra, it also contains a graphical chart showing the effect of different tyre and wheel sizes and also offsets that effect both fitment to the hub and the change on speed/acceleration. There are two main sheets on the file, Wheel size fitment and gear ratio calculator.
Thanks to Homer off mkivsupra.net owners club for this excel file, If you have any other handy supra or 2jz related calculators feel free to contact us below.
Supra Gear & wheel size Calculations
So been a bit of progress complete on the car over the last month or so;
Installed the following;
- Okada Plasma booster (Same as HKS DLI)
- Carbonetic triple plate clutch and flywheel assembly
- TRD transmission mounts
- AP Shifter bushings
- New OEM components – 6 speed shifter and speed sensor seals, pilot bearing and rear main seal
- Fixed up some wiring and ran some new hose ready for BOV install
- Cleaned all the transmission, parts that came off and also the transmission tunnel
- Replaced diff fluid while I had car jacked up
Have new Tial Q bov and AEM air filter coming in next few weeks, so will be then installed and off with fresh plugs with no gap for a new tune and more boost! Hoping to crack at least 430rwkw on pump
Had to adjust the clutch a bit on the pedal free play rod but seems to hold the power well and the shifts are now very firm and precise.
Gearbox removed and noticed it had bit of an oil leak from shifter bushing so got around to replacing seals (Pics with brake/clutch fluid )
Continue reading 2JZGTE VVTi T51R Project Update