Hi all, it’s been a while since a 2jzgarage website update!
My last active post or website update on 2jzgarage was well over 4 years ago and plenty has happened in this time both personally, professionally and within the car scene as a whole. I heard they made a new BMW Supra while I was away 🙂
I’ll start off by saying that I have every intention of keeping this website as a resource for the 1000’s of visitors every month who still rely on the content and information that is still obviously valuable to the 2jzgarage community. You’re continued use of this content is a major factor in ensuring I keep this website up and running and continue to look at ways I can contribute and provide value to you all. Even if it’s just a location for you to reference for 2jzgte vvti wiring diagrams or MKIV workshop manuals.
My focus over the last 4 years has been dedicated on 3 other businesses, which has not given me the time to spend on my hobbies such as my love of cars and providing fresh content for this website.
I’ve taken some time over the last few days to refresh the website with a new look and a made couple of tweaks to hopefully improve the performance of the site overall. I’ll be continuing to revising, reviewing, updating content and looking at some branding changes over the coming months. I’d also like to consider ways that the community can contribute to the content on the website.
If you have any ideas, comments or contribution that maybe valuable then feel free to drop a comment below and thanks for your continued support and interest in the 2JZ!
Some more info has emerged on the Toyota-BMW partnership for their new sports car collaboration. Above shows an artists impression of the new vehicle which is likely to be the new Toyota Supra successor. I can’t say I’m a huge fan compared to the FT-1 concept, but it’s still a nice looking car. Time will tell how the design of the car turns out.
Even if the car is called a supra is yet to be determined, although BMW have confirmed this will be their new Z4 platform,
Earlier in the month my family and I got a break from our busy schedules to check out the first all Japanese Car show located in Canberra ACT. There was a really nice gathering of all types of Japanese Cars and Motorbikes from early to late models.
Some of my favourites were an older 70’s civic, Celica GT4, multiple FD RX7’s – one with lots of carbon goodness and another Spirit R, TME Evo 6.5, Neil Bates TTE Corolla WRC, some very nice R32/33/34/35 GTR’s and heaps of other amazing vehicles.
Was a great quality turnout and I’m looking forward to next year.
……Was also an excuse to have a few runs against my Wife’s MY14 R35 GTR with the Supra 🙂
November 22nd of 2014 was the 3rd running of the Snowy Mountains 1000m event – http://snowymountains1000.com.au/.
This event is to see who is the fastest (and has the highest top speed) from a standing start over a 1000m (1km) airport runway in an regional Australian town (Cooma, NSW – close to 1000m altitude). No race fuels, no nitrous, and only on street radial tyres.
This year the event was even better for my car, no ignition or major boost issues, I had a tune on e85 with some adjusted cam tuning, new tyres and the new turbo setup. More details on my build can be found HERE.
Well it’s been a while since I’ve posted up any info on my own supra. Unfortunately the supra and this website sometimes become lowest on the list of life’s priorities, but that doesn’t mean I’m still working on the supra – A man must have his hobbies!
- Tuned on pump 98 fuel with a result of 445rwkw (597rwhp) @ 23.5 psi
- Tuned on pump e85 with a result of 482rwkw (646rwhp) @ 23.5 psi
Since the last update these are the major changes;
- Titan 272 VVTi Camshafts, GSC Valve stems, GSC beehive springs and titanium retainers – hopefully a write up coming soon on installing these
- New LS2 LQ9 coil setup, which you can see HERE
- Swapped out the old Garrett T51R SPL BB with a new Garrett GTX 4088R turbo with 1.06 rear. This was primarily to make it more streetable with the current engine setup staying stock for a while
- Exhaust camshaft timing adjustments and slight vvti intake cam adjustment made by my tuner – this dramatically improved mid-range with the turbo by around 40hp – Exhaust cam tuning was 2 degrees of retard from memory
- TRD Seibon hood removed and stock hood put back on to try and improve bonnet lift while racing at high speeds – although I still managed to brake another shroud at around 270kph (167mph)
- Flex fuel sensor installed, although wiring yet to be setup and tuning to be complete
- Tial BOV and other exhaust fabrication work for new turbo
- Driveshaft shop single piece drive shaft, B series diff, Solid diff bushings to reduce axle tramp
- Powersteering cooler setup in RHD duct
- TRD sway bars and new links
- New clamps for FMIC, fittings and ducting
- Probably a few other things here and there that I’ve forgot about
Next in line will be cleaning up a few things I’m not 100% happy with at the moment such as improving intake temps. I will be installing twin thermo fans due to radiator setup and high speed racing causing shrouds to break – this will require some further intake fabrication work. Would like to create a custom airbox, install a fabricated oil catch can, changing to a new boost solenoid to allow for launch control/boost by gear and fix up some wiring.
New GTX4088R turbo got installed, managed to tap out a boost fitting and have a local shop do some fabrication work
The Titan 272 VVTi Camshafts, GSC Valve stems, GSC beehive springs and titanium retainers getting installed, I will be putting lots more pictures up and explaining this process in the near future
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on the site. Late last year was a very busy period in my personal life with some very large goals I’d set myself to be complete and I simply did not have time to spend on the website or any further content. I’d always rather post quality information on this site rather than quantity.
I will do my best to respond to all of the comments and questions over the next week or so and will be posting up some new content shortly.
Happy boosting for 2015!